Product Review: RFID Neck Stash

Leave a Comment
I don't know about you, but for us, we like to travel with more cash than cards. The thought of having to find overseas ATMs (and hope that all goes well), or to swipe our cards repeatedly (will our card details be stolen?) means we often plan our budget, and exchange a fair bit of cash.

For our recent trip to Europe, we decided to invest in a lightweight and comfortable neck 'wallet'.


 


What?? A neck 'wallet'?

Essentially, a neck 'wallet' allows you to store important documents (e.g. passports, travel itinerary etc) and cash, and sling the wallet around your neck. A three-way sling provides much more security than a usual wallet, since it's much more difficult to grab, and the wallet can be hidden underneath your clothes.

The one we picked up is Lewis N. Clark's RFID Neck Stash, a bargain I must say at only USD13 (~S$17). It was lightweight and the material felt comfortable against the skin, so it was easy to wear this underneath my clothes for 26 days continuously. It also had multiple compartments, so I could store the different currencies in different pockets. It also stored my passport easily, and everything was compact and flat, once again fantastic for hiding. If you're curious, yes, this wallet can easily store 2 passports if you prefer (with lesser cash perhaps).

I don't know if the RFID blocker works as advertised - it wasn't our main concern. If you're concerned though, I would think that any neck wallets with aluminium foil would probably work better :)

If there's any negatives, it's that the Velcro strap occasionally damaged my outfit, when I wasn't careful. The strap itself was extremely long, but I guess you could easily tie it to the preferred length, as I did.

I purchased this neck wallet from Amazon (with free international shipping!), but if you're concerned about online shopping, most travel stores in Singapore would stock similar neck wallets (around $20-$30).

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.